- Our 25 minute "What to do" to manage risk in project, program or portfolio.
- A companion course to our in-depth Risk Management and Facilitation Master-Class.
- Both are Real-World oriented. Both use the same slides and Guidance workbook to take you step-by-step through creating a Risk Management Strategy, Risk Aware teams, Risk inclusive Business Case, Backlogs and Baselines.
- Deeper and broader than exam coverage but exam compatible*.
Both use the same workbook - Guidance for Building a Risk Management Strategy, Risk aware teams and Risk Inclusive Business cases, Backlogs and Baselines. The workbook is designed for use on your [email protected]™ responsibilities to create the controls you really need (It includes a fictional scenario in-case you want some 'safe-sand-boxed-practice' along-side applying for real @work).
- Both use the same course materials. In this one you will cover the whole topic as quickly as possible. I've assumed you already have knowledge of (for example) how to add a well formed risk statement to a Risk Register.
- In the master-class you'll receive detailed "How to - Techniques and Tools" guidance to use in each step of each team oriented Risk Management Workshop (Planning, Identification, Assessment, Response Identification, Selection, Monitoring and Reporting).
Follow this course's guidance workbook.
- Step-by-step instruction on how to call, run and record each workshop and complete the template Risk Management Strategy and Risk Register.
- Where your experience includes techniques such as risk identification you'll build project governance artefacts for good risk control without further study needs.
- You only need to invest the extra study time where practice makes you feel you will benefit from the deeper treatment included in the Master-Class.
- The cross-references ensure you'll know just which sections of the Master-Class to dip into to use its How-To guidance to strengthen your skills in the activities a Risk Management Facilitator and team need to apply to implement good threat and opportunity responses.
*Exam compatible with Axelos PRINCE2®, PRINCE2agile®, Management of Risk (MoR) and PMI PMP® and CAPM® and PMI-RMP®
I've been involved in projects for 30 years and have taken many roles in project, programs and 'pmos'.
"Simon is a PMP (Project Management Professional) certified by the Project Management Institute and also holds ISACA’s CGEIT (The Information Systems Audit and Control Association’s Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT) qualification, the IPMA's (International Project Management Association's) IPMA-D qualification, PRINCE2 Agile® practitioner and is an ex-PRINCE2® examiner (when the qualification was essay rather than the current multiple-choice basis) and previously held registration as a Management of Risk practitioner.
Simon has worked in projects since the start of the 1980s; the last 25+ years as contractor or consultant. Client's projects have ranged from the small to the massive in sectors ranging from construction, defence, government, oil and gas, utilities, banking and not-for-profit.
Curriculum [[ use DownArrow at ListEnd if only 1st 24 items shown]]
StartRisk_Crucial_Competency 1 Hello (6:52)
StartCourse Slides in mobile-friendly animated and downloadable pdf formats
StartRisk_Crucial_Competency 2 Guidance to Build a RMP or Strategy (4:00)
StartRisk_Crucial_Competency 3 Identification Workshop n RecordKeeping (2:38)
StartRisk_Crucial_Competency 4 Assessment and Responses (4:24)
StartRisk_Crucial_Competency 5 Tracking (3:35)
StartRisk_Crucial_Competency 6 Recap and close (2:59)
StartGuidance Workbook - Build a Risk Management Strategy, Risk Aware Teams and Risk Inclusive Artefacts
StartSupplement-Extra: Risk Exam PMI View (13:25)
StartSupplement-Extra: Risk Exam Prince2 View of Risk (16:16)
Frequently Asked Questions
Start is as soon as you're enrolled. End may be never, otherwise it is at th eend of the period in which you decide to end your subscription.
Subscriptions run for one month or one year and roll-over automtically until you've had as much access as you need and stop them
Outright purchases last forever
We would never want you to be unhappy so we offer plenty of "try-before-you-buy" free access materials.
An important part of passing exam credential courses, particularly eLearning ones is that you make the personal commitment. We ask you to only buy when you've made your decision. Then know we and you are both fully focused on your success from then on.
We do not offer money back options because when you sign-up with "well I can always change my mind" as your justification there is a weakening to the resolve that is necessary for success - That is not in your best interest if you are to swiftly progress and pass exams.
Other provider's "Money back" guarantees are a way of appearing to reducing 'purchasing risk' by seemingg to to transfer the impact from you to them BUT...
They are common because they use the psychology of regret that recognises you can't get your time back AND asking for a refund implies telling your self "I made a bad choice".
Both reinforce a "I would not have chosen if i knew then what i know now BUT I'll keep going because now it will be a hassle to start again." The likely outcome is your involvement drags on you, progress is slow and may halt entirely.
So please enjoy the free-access materials and confirm we are a good fit and then make your commitment.
Ultimately if you've a genuine reason that is not simply trying to game-the-system then talk to us - we are people too, and we try to be reasonable.
P.S. maybe you'd like to do our risk management masterclass companion to our Fast-Track risk course. (Both are included in our £5 bundle subscription.) I'm confident no-one else's project risk management has the content ours does. Others pretend risk is impact times probability of a single event single outcome chain. Niave in the extreme but common in text books.